Friday, August 25, 2006

bad, bad, blogger!!

I have been so neglectful the past couple of weeks! I have just been off doing my own thing, not taking the time to reflect and journal. Shame on me.

Okay, now that the hard part is done, on to some fun stuff. FALL TV!! The full lineup is still weeks away, but this week brought the premier of Prison Break! I love that show! It is so intriguing and thrilling. My palms sweat the whole way through. I am curious to see how this year goes now that they have done the *break.* I am also still very much enjoying Rock Star SuperNova! My prediction is the final 3 will be Delania, Ryan Starr, and Magni. I can see any of them winning. And, I can't wait until some of my other faves return! Lost, Desperate Housewives, The Office, Las Vegas and My name is Earl are all on my must see list! I am also looking forward to seeing Studio 60. It has a great cast, I hope it lives up to the hype!

What a week it has been for Corinne!! She was the STAR student in her class which meant she got to be the line leader all week! She also got to bring in photos of her and talk about some exciting things that she likes. I think she was going to talk about the color pink, going camping and fishing, and her loose tooth. She even got to bring in her Doodle Bear for show-and-tell! This is a storyboard I did a while ago of Corinne picking flowers after Church on Easter Morning. The quote is by Frank Lloyd Wright: "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." This is one of the photos she chose to share with her class.

Of course the week wasn't all fun and games. Corinne came home yesterday with a nice size raspberry on the side of her face. Apparently, she had been playing near the swings, and wasn't paying attention, and she got kicked in the face by someone on the swing. Poor baby! At least it didn't hit her eye. And if that wasn't bad enough, today is school picture day! She was so disappointed, but I think we hill be okay. I applied a little makeup to cover the bruise, and showed her how to twist her head just so. I know her boo-boo will heal, but hopefully the photo will turn out!

And Natalie is being her own sweet, silly, independent self. We are slowly easing into potty training. I got the Big Girl Panties out, we are switching to pull-ups, and she has been using the potty at least once a day. I think she should be easy to train (ohh, I hope I didn't jinx myself) but it is going to be on her terms. She is also talking so well! I find myself having actual, back-and-forth conversations with her. She is speaking fairly clearly, and in complete sentences, for the most part. I can't believe she is only 26 months old!

Since it has been so long since I blogged, I have quite a few LOs to share!

Natalie's first time *fishing.* She didn't catch anything, but she had fun trying! Credits: Papers, alpha, and embellishments from *one fish, two fish* by Heather Roselli, available at the DigiChick. I also used Christine Smith's sanded overlays and Holly McCaig's Purty Pic actions. Font used is kids.

Natalie's 1st Tea Party! Credits: Paper and Elements from *All A Flutter* by Laura Alpuche and Robin Carlton available at The DigiChick. Purty Pic Photo Action by Holly McCaig; Gel Letter Action by Atomic Cupcake Fonts used: 2Ps Rubber Ducky and 2Ps Wild Child.

Here are a few fun photos, and one kinda goofy one (it was taken after a lot of martini's :o) from my 30th birthday party last year. Credits: All papers and elements from *B-day Bash* by Heather Roselli available at The DigiChick. Font used: Fabulous 50s

This is my LO for the Chick Walk Challenge. Journaling: Okay, so maybe not 10,000, but I have walked A LOT of miles in the past 6 weeks. And boy, do my shoes look tired! They, along with my now broken pedometer have been to festivals, ball games, the botanical gardens, target, camping trips, and even just around my block. Now if only my body will reward me by fitting into those darn jeans!! Credits: Paper and Elements from Cool Cool Summer by Mari K and Sarah J available here at TDC! Distressed Alpha and sanded overlay from Christine Smith. Purty Pic Photo Action by Holly McCaig

So I think that is enough from me! I am off tonight to do something I haven't done in A LONG, LONG time. I am going to be a good Alumna and go to my sorority's rush. It should be fun! Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I just wanted to say that your LO's are beautiful! I am a budding scrapbooker myself, and strive to someday have lo's that good!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home