Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Sweetest Life



Just over a year ago, I began practicing positive thinking. I've always been analytical, over-achieving, and a bit of a pessimist (wow, that was hard to admit). And I found myself in a bit of a "worst-case scenario" with our business. I was so caught up in worry and blame, that I began to lose my joy. Stress was a euphemism. I knew I had to change. I began searching inside for answers. I began praying that God would help me learn whatever lesson I was supposed to learn so I could just move on. And then Oprah began preaching The Secret. It immediately clicked with me. I realized that while I can't control other's actions, I can control my reaction to them. And I learned that most of our actions, while subconscious, are controlled by our own thought patterns. Most importantly, I learned what it truly means to forgive. I decided that I will be happy again, my relationship with my husband will be strong again and our financial outlook will be just fine. And I learned to find the blessings in even the darkest of times. I am now joyful. And my life is so full of blessings, many that were always there, I was just too stressed to truly appreciate them. When I begin to loose my way, I am always pulled back. My journey brings me to a new book, a new song (see below), a new friend. We do create the lives we desire. And I have the sweetest life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very useful post on Creative thinking.

Thanks,
karim - Positive thinking

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home